St Vincent-de-Paul de Clichy-la-Garenne
Saint-Vincent-de-Paul was built in 1900 in a neo-gothic style, adjacent to the old church St Médard (dating from 1525), which had become too small for the growing congregation
In 1899, the organ builders John-Albert and Eugène Abbey made an organ for the 1900 Eexposition Universelle in the Palais des Lettres, des Sciences et des Arts. The organ case was designed by the famous Art Nouveau architect Hector Guimard. The instrument received the Grand Prix for musical instruments.
In 1905, the organ was bought by the congregation of Saint-Vincent-de-Paul at Clichy-la-Garenne. This organ is still in its original state, apart from some modifications of the organ case made due the the restricted space avalilable in this church. In 1988-1993, a restauration took place by Bernard Raupp from Mirande (Gers) , and in 2006 a second ventilator was installed.
|Main builder||History||Latest restauration|
1899 - Abbey brothers
||1988-1999 - Bernard Raupp|
III/44 - mechanical traction with Barker machine and a system of double registration.
Titulaire: Baptiste-Florian Marle-Ouvrard
Masses with organ: sunday 11 AM
Specific links: -