Notre-Dame-des-Champs was built in 1867-76 inspired by the roman style.
The organ of Notre-Dame-des-Champs was built by by Cavaillé-Coll in 1877. In 1973, Schwenkedel altered the in strument severely, replacing the Plein Jeu progressif of the GO by a Fourniture V and Cymbale IV and adding a Plein Jeu IV on the récit. He added a Doublette, Flûte à fuseau, Sesquialtera and a Tierce on the récit (out of the old plein jeu) and on the récit he replaced the Flûte traversière by a Bourdon 8, the Flûte octaviante 4 by a Principal italien 4 et the old Octavin by a Flûte 2. He added also 4 pedal stops on a new windchest and performed a reharmonisation.
|Main builder||History||Latest restauration|
|1877 - Aristide Cavaillé-Coll||1973 - Schwenkedel (severe alteration)||
2004 - Fossaert
II/34 - GO Mechanical traction with Barker Récit/Pédal: electrical action
Titulaire: Yannick Merlin & Philippe Ourselin
Famous organists in the past: René Vierne, Jean-Pierre Leguay
Masses with organ: saturday 18.30, sunday 11.00, 17.30, 19.30