Notre Dame du Rosaire
Notre Dame du Rosaire was built in 1911 in a Roman-Florentine style by Pierre Sardou, inspired by the Santi Apostoli in Florence.
The organ was built by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll during the years 1880-1890 (exact date is unknown). It remained several years in the workshop of the famous organ builder at the Avenue du Maine, where it was used as demonstration organ. It was then moved to the Sacré-Coeur of Montmartre in anticipation of a new, great, organ. In 1913, it was transferred to Notre Dame du Rosaire. Maintenance was done during many years by Gutschenritter, followed by Marc Hédelin. At an unknown moment, J. Picaud added a Plein Jeu IV at the Swell (perhaps replacing an Octavin) at the request of the former titulaire, Jean Fellot (probably in 1956, when there was an inauguration by Marcel Dupré). In 1968, the Borudon16 of the Great was replaced by a Doublette 2’. The latest restoration dates from 2004 by Bernard Dargassies :
- transfer of the Plein jeu from the Récit to the Great
- removal of the Doublette of the Great
- addition of a new Octavin at the Swell
- replacement of the Bourdon of the Great, being in a bad condition, by a Bourdon from the former Cavaillé-Coll organ of the Opéra comique in Paris.
|Main builder||History||Latest restauration|
|1880/90 - A. Cavaillé-Coll||
1956 - J. Picaud
1968 - ?
2004 - Dargassies
|2004 - Bernard Dargassies|
II/20 - Mechanical traction
Titulaire: Jorris Sauquet
Masses with organ: saturday 18.00, sunday 10.30-19h
Specific links: -