Daublaine-Callinet

The Daublaine company was founded in 1830-1831 by the Abt Jean-Louis Cabias. In 1834 André Marie Daublain (an engineer) joined as co-founder and Marie Antoine Louis Suret became foreman. In 1838 it merged with Louis Callinet (1786-1846).
Louis Callinet (1786-1846) was a pupil and cousin of Francois Callinet and came to Paris in 1806. He worked with Pierre-François Dallery and in 1821 he associated himself with Jean-Antoine Somer (until the death of the latter in 1830). Facing serious financial difficulties, he sold his company in 1838 to Daublaine. Louis Callinet left this company in 1844 because of a dramatic event (in a moment of madness he devastated the organ of St. Sulpice, of which he undertook the restoration almost ten years earlier) and he ended his carrier by working as a laborer at Cavaillé-Coll.
Félix Danjou became commercial director of the Daubaline-Callinet firm in 1839; in 1841 Charles Spackman Barker became director of operations. Due to the dramatic events in Saint-Sulpice (see above) and Saint-Eustache (this organ was destructed by a fire caused by Barker himself), the company was liquidated in 1845 and taken over by Pierre Alexandre Ducroquet, who employed Barker again. In 1855 the company was bought by Joseph Merklin.
Daublaine-Callinet was the leading organbuilder during 1835-1840; Cavaillé-Coll and Merklin took over this role after 1840.
There is only one organ of this company left in Paris nowadays: Saint-Denys du Saint-Sacrement (1839), although this organ has been severely modified.