Église réformée des Batignolles
This church replaced a wooden chapel built in 1834. It was built in 1895-1898 by the architect Félix Paumier. The facade is neo-romanesque. In 1972, the church was horizontally split. The second floor became the church itself and on the first floor several rooms were created.
The organ of this church was built in 1898 by Joseph Merklin (buffet made by Felix Paumier). A restauration (respecting the original work of Merklin) was carried out by Muhleisen in 1995. In 2009, the two wind reservoirs were restorated. Thus this organ can be seen as a truly authentic example of the works of Merlin.
This organ was the last instrument made by Joseph Merklin before his retirement in 1890 and a show-case for his new system of pneumatic transmissions.
|Main builder||History||Latest restauration|
|1898 - Joseph Merklin||
1938 - Gaston Gutschenritter
1958 - Gaston Gutschenritter
|1991-99 - Michel Giroud|
II/15 - Pneumatic traction
Titulaire: Noël Hazebroucq
Services with organ: sunday 10.30
Specific links: Concours Merklin