St-Joseph-des-Épinettes dates from 1909, built with reinforced concrete in a byzantine-like style.
The organ was orginally built by Cavaillé-Coll as a private chamber-organ and was donated to St-Joseph-des-Épinettes in 1914. It was installed by Charles Mutin, who used elements (including some high quality sculptures) of the facade of the choirorgan of St-Louis-en-l'Ile, built in the early years of the 18th century (1710-1720).
The instrument was drastically modified by the local organist (Philippe Guimard) in 1985 towards a French classical style. He placed a purely decorative facade in front of the old chamber-organ, in the style of the old organ.
Nowadays, the organ is being renewed by the Flemisch organbuilder Gérard Pels d'Hondt, using parts of the old pipework.
|Main builder||History||Latest restauration|
1904 - Mutin
1944 - Gloton-Debierre
1965 - Müller
1984 - Guilmard
|2007 - Pels d'Hondt (ongoing)|
III/19- Mechanical traction
Titulaires: Christine Stephanus
Famous organists in the past: -
Masses with organ: saterday 18.30 h, sunday 10.30 h
Specific links: -